- De-facto motto of the Republic of Korea.
We are the Republic of Korea (Korean: 대한민국), also known as Unified Korea, a sovereign state located in East Asia. Under the leadership of President Jong Jin-park, The Republic of Korea is officially a unitary presidential constitutional republic.
Formerly, the Korean Peninsula was divided in two by the Korean Demilitarized Zone, with the Democratic People's Republic of Korea set in the north and the Republic of Korea in the south. After the 2015 Korean Revolution, the DPRK's government was overthrown and a unified Korean nation was formed.
Republic of Korea Armed Forces (대한민국 국군)
The Republic of Korea Armed Forces is the military force of the Republic of Korea. Created in 1948 following the division of Korea from North and South, the military was always put on high alert in case of a DPRK invasion or attack. The Armed Forces has seen much action in the past years, from the Korean War to Vietnam to the Gulf War, aswell as the ever lasting war on terror.
The primary mission of the Republic of Korea Armed Forces is to:
- Conduct military operations to commence either offensive or defensive strategies
- Turn the tide of combat in favor of the Korean nation
- Protect the harmonious and sacred beliefs of the Korean people
- Conduct humanitarian aid and disaster-relief missions in the event of catastrophic disasters, prevent and halt traitorous and intolerable terriorist attacks on the Korean homeland, to defend the sovereign rights of the people and to serve justice to those who have been condemned
- Deploy troops to other unstable nations and war zones to help establish solid peace and deter any major conflict
- Protect Korea's electronic hardware from hackers and foreign forces with the assistance and guidance of the Republic of Korea Cyberwarfare Command
- Protect and secure the land, maritime and airspace borders of Korea
| Republic of Korea Navy
November 11th, 1945
101,000 sailors and naval infantry
Seoul, Republic of Korea
"바다로, 세계로" (To the sea, to the world)
The Republic of Korea Navy (Korean: 대한민국 해군) is the official naval force of the Republic of Korea. They are instructed to carry out missions to defend the nation against the enemy, to protect and enforce maritime law, anti-piracy and maritime border protection.
The ROKN is steadily becoming a powerful force to be reckoned with. Far from a world power, but enough to deter potential enemy attackers. Fielding modern ship classes and state of the art technology, they are revered for being at least one of the most modern naval forces in the world.
Special Purpose Vessels
Republic of Korea Army (대한민국 육군)
The Republic of Korea Army, the official ground warfare branch of the Republic of Korea Armed Forces. Made up of 701,000 active duty personnel, it is not the largest of armed forces but is one of the best equipped in the world, boasting world-class technology and weapon systems, aswell as the elitely trained 707th Special Mission Battalion.
Formed in 1948 Along with the Republic of Korea Armed Forces, the army has been involved in conflicts ranging from the Korean War, Vietnam, Gulf War and the global war on terrorism. Information and lessons learned during these conflicts have helped make the ROK Army a highly effective fighting force.
The Army's current goals are to:
- To protect Korea's freedom, sovereignty and borders.
- To protect the Korean people from being harmed by any enemy power.
- To deter attacks, win battles and carry victory in the name of Korea.
- To help strengthen global peace by participating in conflicts that directly threaten the world from harm.
- To stay up to date with the world's armed forces.
Main Battle Tanks
Infantry/Armored Fighting Vehicles
Military Engineering Vehicles
Air Defense Systems
Uniforms (ROK Army Special Forces)
Republic of Korea Air Force (대한민국 공군)
The Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF) is the official aerial warfare service branch of the Republic of Korea Armed Forces. It is comprised of 204,150 active personnel, 12,000 citizen/employees, 100,100 air guards and 3,500 aircraft. The Air Force pledges to protect Korea's airspace, to conduct close air support, cyberwarfare operations, missile defense, search and rescue and humanitarian aid.
The Air Force has also seen its' share of engagements, from the Korean War to the global war on terrorism. The current Air Force Chief of Staff is General Jeong Kyung-doo. Notable commanders include Chang Sung-hwan, from 1962-1964. The current Commander-in-Chief is President Jong Jin-park.
National Intelligence Service (국가정보원)
The National Intelligence Service is the Republic of Korea's most secretive and mysterious service branch. They are tasked with gathering intelligence, to counter enemy intelligence, to counter-espionage, conduct surveillance, cyber warfare and protect the sovereign rights of the Korean people.
They are not afraid to use force to make potential enemies disappear without a trace. To help fight the global threat of piracy, crime and espionage, the agency does whatever it can to thwart their opponents.
It is estimated that there are 51,100 employees currently working for the NIS. The NIS itself is based off of the Central Intelligence Agency of the United States of America, and their motives are somewhat similar to theirs aswell. NIS agents dress in black suits with matching ties and black sunglasses, and agent is trained vigorously in every combat scenario imaginable. They are the elite, and can blend in and disappear without a trace, and are required t be fluent in 4 languages.
Agents carry a K5 pistol as a sidearm, with weapons like the K17, K17A and K9 reserved for organized raids and other combat operations. The vehicle fleet consistes of black, armored SUVs and sedans, most of them manufactured by Hyundai and Mercedes-Benz. Helicopters are also used by the NIS. The agency is headed by the mysterious Director Lee, who is only known by that name. His personal details remain unknown, except that he has headed the NIS since 2007.
The Republic of Korea will join coalitions to help stop major threats, to build friendly relations or to gain military advantages whenever possible.
Allies of the Republic of Korea have been specifically chosen by the President himself. This should be taken as a great honor, as Korea does not simply choose random nations as allies. Allies of Korea will be fully respected, and Korea expects to be treated likewise. Political views between Korea and her allies are not shared.
- People's Republic of China
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- United Mexican States
- Japan (de-facto puppet state)
Non-Aggression Pacts with the Republic of Korea have been accepted by the President personally. NAPs are for nations who are not seen as allies, however the President is willing to extend friendly relations to.
- Telosian Commonwealth of the Philippines
- United Central Pacific Republic
- Singaporean Empire
- Caribbean Confederacy
Trade Relations with the Republic of Korea are very limited. Rarely does Korea want to share her advanced and valuable technology with others. TRs are considered special, and will be treated as such.
- Soviet Union [MILITARY AND DOMESTIC TRADE]
- United Mexican States [MILITARY AND DOMESTIC TRADE]
- Singaporean Empire [DOMESTIC TRADE]
- Japan [MILITARY AND DOMESTIC TRADE]
- Caribbean Confederacy [DOMESTIC TRADE]
The enemies of the Republic of Korea have chosen poorly and have ended up on the receiving end of the weapons of justice. Enemies of the Republic of Korea will be treated as so, and will regret their hostile actions towards our powerful and prosperous nation.
- Great Japanese Empire
- Kekistani Empire
- Any nation that poses a threat towards the Korean nation and people.
Includes all active ships of the Republic of Korea Navy.
- Dokdo-class - 40
- Sejongdaewang-class - 15
- Ansan-class - 30
- Dongpung-class - 15
- Yongwang-class - 50
- Saegin-geum Waildeu-class - 15
- Daegu-class - 3
- Ulsan-class - 30
- Moon Hee-sang-class - 20
- Pogpungho-class (5 turrets) - 5
- Kumiho-class (6 turrets) - 2
- Pohang-class (7 turrets) - 3
- Baekdusan class (9 turrets) - 1
- Haemosu class (9 turrets) - 1
LITTORAL COMBAT SHIPS
- Lifrin-class - 20
- Yongin-class - 15
AMPHIBIOUS TRANSPORT DOCKS
- Lifrin-class - 20
- Nampung-class - 30
- Seoul-class - 5
- Yi Sun-sin-class - 3
- Type 22 - 150
Active equipment of the Republic of Korea Army.
- K2 Black Panther PIP MBT - 600
- K2A1 Black Panther MBT - 400
- XK2A2 Prototype MBT - 10
INFANTRY/ARMORED FIGHTING VEHICLES
- K21 KNIFV - 250
ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIERS
- XK777 Clouded Leopard wheeled APC - 200
- K9A1 Thunder SPH - 100
- XK782 155mm guided munition (for the K9A1) - 100,000
- K10A1 Ammunition Resupply Vehicle (for the K9A1) - 105
AIR DEFENSE SYSTEMS
- K30 Biho SPAAG - 190
- K31 Chunma SPAAML - 200
- K-THAAD System - 40
- K-THAAD kinetic kill vehicle - 960
- K-AN/TPY-2 radar array - 44
- K-THAAD fire control station - 45
- K-16 PAWS assault rifle - 1 million
- K-17 PAWS-T tactical assault rifle - 1 million
- K-17A close-quarters assault rifle - 700,000
- XK-15 PAWS-02 elite assault rifle - 115,000
- K9 Anti-Personnel Combat System (APCS) elite sniper/anti-material rifle - 100,000
Air Force Roster
- KAI RAH-52 Yeou attack helicopter - 450